This Is the Best Day Trip From San Antonio, Texas
Are you craving an escape from the hustle and bustle of the big city? We get it! Sometimes a change of scenery is the mood booster and restart button that we all need. Embark on a day trip from San Antonio, Texas, and visit the small town of Wimberley. It’s located in the Texas Hill Country and is a perfect escape.
For a complete guide on local insight to the charming town of Wimberley and it’s surrounding areas, take a look at our Texas Hill Country Itinerary. It contains information about the area’s best restaurants, outdoor activities, attractions, and more!
Take This Day Trip From San Antonio, Texas
One of the reasons why taking a day trip from San Antonio, Texas, to Wimberley is so popular is the distance. The drive from San Antonio only takes a little over an hour and is a relatively straight shot. You’ll begin by getting on I-37 North from West Market Street. Follow I-35 North for about 45 miles to North Interstate 35 Frontage Road in San Marcos. Take Exit 202 and drive to Ranch Road 12 in Wimberley.
Spend the Day in Wimberley
You did! You’ve arrived in Wimberley. You have endless options for how you can spend your day. Some of our favorite activities include:
- Take a dip in Cypress Falls Swimming Hole – This naturally-made swimming hole is an awesome location for swimming, kayaking, and tubing. Plus, it’s dog-friendly!
- Spend the day at Blue Hole Regional Park – This 126-acre park has it all—walking trails, picnic areas, sports courts, an amphitheater, and an unbeatable swimming area.
- Sip on wine at a local tasting room – The Texas Hill Country has recently become quite the wine capital and is home to many award-winning varietals. Some of our favorite wineries are Wimberley Valley Winery and Driftwood Estate Winery
- Dine at delectable restaurants – One of the best ways to experience Wimberley is through food! Taste mouthwatering cuisine at local restaurants, such as The Leaning Pear, Wimberley Cafe, or Ino’z Brew and Chew.
Take a Day Trip to San Antonio
Let’s put things in reverse. Stay with us at Cypress Creek Cottages in Wimberley and take the hour drive to San Antonio. When you stay in one of our private cottages, you’ll be near many fantastic cities in the Texas Hill Country, including San Antonio.
Spend the Day in San Antonio
San Antonio is a thriving city with many exciting things to do and see. Some popular activities to enjoy include:
- Explore the Natural Bridge Caverns – Take a guided tour and explore the vast underground chambers and giant rock formations at Natural Bridge Caverns. One of the rooms in the caves is bigger than a football field!
- Stroll the San Antonio River Walk – The River Walk is a city park and network of walkways along the banks of the San Antonio River. The area is lined with shops, restaurants, cafes, and riverboats.
- Go back in time at The Alamo – Formerly known as the Misión San Antonio de Valero, The Alamo is a historic Spanish mission and fortress from the 18th century. Famous battles were fought here, and today it is a museum.
- Visit the San Antonio Zoo – With more than 8,500 animals on 56 acres, there’s plenty of fun for the whole family at the San Antonio Zoo. Get an up-close look at fascinating animals, such as hippos, gibbons, lions, and giraffes!
Stay in a Serene Texas Hill Country Cottage
We invite you to stay in our lovely cottages here in Wimberley at Cypress Creek Cottages. Each of our 12, pet-friendly properties come fully-equipped with amenities that maximize both privacy and comfort. As you arrive at your cottage, you’ll find a secluded outdoor deck, sitting area, a personal grill, and a private hot tub.
Upon entrance, you’ll be pleased by the professionally decorated interior, HD Flat Screen TV, large fireplace, and a spacious living area next to a fully-equipped kitchen. In the bedroom, relax in a king-sized memory foam bed. You’ll feel as though you’re truly in an elevated home away from home in Wimberley, Texas. Take a look at our availability and find the perfect cottage for you. We can’t wait to have you!