If you’ve ever visited Wimberley,TX, in the spring, you know its the best time to see wildflowers in Texas Hill Country. Stay with us at the Cypress Creek Cottages in March, April, and May to experience the bursting colors that make Hill Country such an astounding destination to visit. These blooming flowers provide the most rejuvenating retreat in nature, serve as a gorgeous backdrop for vacation photos, give your getaway a romantic feel, and encourage you to explore the entire area in search of their beauty.
While you’re on your wildflower adventure, you’ll want to know what else there is to do in the area. Use our Hill Country Itinerary to provide you will the best restaurants, other outdoor excursions, shopping, and more to complete every minute of your valuable vacation!
Everything About the Best Time to See Wildflowers in Texas Hill Country
The Greatest Flower Fields in Texas
While there are plenty of flower fields in Texas, these are just a few of our favorite places to view the breathtaking blooms. If you want to find even more Hill Country flowers, use the Texas Wildflower Map to discover all the destinations where they thrive.
Wildflowers in Austin
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center: Part of the University of Texas
- Pace Bend Park: Also contains biking, hiking, and camping along the cliffs
- McKinney Falls State Park: Features limestone formations and geocaching
Wildflowers in San Antonio
- San Antonio Botanical Gardens: a conservatory for all native plants and wildlife
Events You Don’t Want to Miss
Texas Hill Country Wildflowers are so beloved that we even have dedicated events to celebrate their spring arrival. Plan your visit around these festivities to gain both a bundle of flowers and a bundle of fun!
- Wildflower Spring Market: In March, local musicians play live music while vendors gather to showcase their flower-inspired wares
- Bluebonnet Festival: Every second weekend of April, join in on this festival more live music, a grand parade, and even a reenactment of a western-style shootout!
- Texas Hill Country Field Trip: Take a guided tour of all of the best flower fields in Texas.
The Most Common Texas Hill Country Wildflowers
- Bluebonnets: The most common species and the official state flower of Texas!
- Indian Paintbrush: Tall and skinny just like a paintbrush, but bright red
- Indian Blanket: Their fiery red and yellow colors also give them the nickname “firewheels.”
The best time to see wildflowers in Texas Hill Country is also one of the best times to stay at Cypress Creek Cottages. Enjoy the serenity of spring during your next vacation instead of fighting the large summer crowds. You’ll love the peaceful Cottage 2, which is tucked away by the shade of the trees and complete with a private hot tub. You’ll also love kicking back on the large porch while enjoying the peaceful sounds of nature. When you’re ready to unwind, come join us in Hill Country!